L'Amoureux (VI), or "The Lovers," represents Divine love. It is love of the Divine for earthly entities and the love between those who live on the earth. It is love for mother and father, for child, for friend, for lover. It is love of the Divine and all that is. It is a godsend.
Before performing this posture, it is best to begin in the Starting Tarot Qi Gong position: Le Mat or "The Fool". Do for at least 3-5 breaths to center and prepare yourself. You may choose to follow the Major Arcana postures with I: Le Bateleur, "The Magician," II: La Papesse, "The High Priestess," III: L'Imperatrice, "The Empress," IIII: L'Empereur, "The Emperor," and V: Le Pape, "The Hierophant." Then follow with Posture VI: L'Amoureux, "The Lovers."
From the starting position, or from Posture V, turn your feet inward to be more or less paralell. This is another even-numbered (VI), forming a solid, even structure.
Now slowly draw your hands down in front of both thighs while simultaneuously finding a very moderate bend in the knees, as if to approach a seated poistion or yogic "chair pose." Reach up towards the heavens with cupped hands, as if reaching for the helpful hand of a friend or loved one for support and comfort. Imagine Divine love from above, (the cherub in the upper half of VI, L'Amoureux), filling your cupped hands (your earthly reception of this godsend).
|Tarot Qi Gong VI|
L'Amoureux, The Lovers
(New image coming soon)
Try this for a count of six to sixty breaths and then rest. Or hold for six minutes, then any multiple of six for an advanced practice.
Perform the Le Mat position again to close the practice.
- Major Body Region: Core Muscles, especially rectus abdominis and obliques, QL
- Related Minor Region: Wands (Core)
- Astrology Area: Leo, Virgo, Libra
- Related Planets: Sun, Moon, Venus
- Related Chakra: Sixth/Brow
- Exercises: Core exercises, sit-ups and crunches of all kinds, pilates, planks
- Stretches: Pilates stretches of core, "Cobra Pose" (really push down through elbows and hands and draw yourself forward with your fingers, feeling the stretch through your whole core)
- Acupoints: COMING SOON
- Mudra: COMING SOON.
- Affirmation: "I am filled with Divine love. Love enters my crown and my heart and pours through me to the bottoms of my feet. This love fills me with a pure white and heartfelt pink light. This light charges at my heart center. It is from this center that I pour my love upon all the rest of the world."
Tarot Qi Gong Sequence
0 - Starting Positition: Le Mat, "The Fool"
1 - Le Bateleur, "The Magician"
2 - La Papesse, "The High Priestess"